Preparing For Your Financial Future
Choosing to file for bankruptcy can be an intimidating process if you are unsure of the impact it will have on your life. Fortunately, I can help you learn about Chapter 7, Chapter 13 and other debt relief options when you consult with me during an initial bankruptcy consultation.
For nearly 40 years, I have worked with individuals and families who struggled with unmanageable debt and other challenging financial issues. With offices in Cedar Rapids and Coralville, I am available to help my clients throughout eastern Iowa.
To Learn Your Bankruptcy Options, Contact Me Today
If you are considering filing bankruptcy in Cedar Rapids, Coralville, Iowa City or anywhere in eastern Iowa, I invite you to consult with me. I can help you:
- Identify your debt relief options and the benefits of each
- Understand the steps you should take to prepare for bankruptcy
- Know the actions you should avoid before filing for bankruptcy. Some examples of what to avoid include:
- Changing ownership of property
- Making balance transfers on credit cards
- Making charges on new or old credit cards
- Making payments of $600 or more on unsecured debts
- Many other actions that can be understood only after analysis of your particular situation and explanation
- Arrange your financial affairs to optimize your bankruptcy filing
Want To Try A Nonbankruptcy Workout?
Bankruptcy is not the best debt relief option for everyone. I can help you find affordable alternatives to bankruptcy when you consult with me. I will work with you to understand your financial situation and help you recognize other solutions for eliminating your debt.
If available, I will work with your creditors to determine if your debt can be reduced or restructured into a more manageable repayment plan.
In some situations, I can also refer you to a reputable, local nonprofit debt counseling and consolidation agency I have worked with for more than 25 years. If this agency accepts you for a debt consolidation plan, the creditors it works with will accept a plan worked out by you and the agency. If you are not accepted by them or the plan later becomes unmanageable, you can return to a bankruptcy solution.
Contact Rush M. Shortley – Attorney At Law, Today
If you want to learn more about your debt relief options, please call me at 800-592-1969, or email me, to schedule a no-charge, risk-free, confidential initial bankruptcy consultation. Rush M. Shortley – Attorney at Law, has two office locations, in Cedar Rapids and Coralville, Iowa. My office hours are Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and early evenings and Saturdays by special appointment.
Rush M. Shortley – Attorney at Law, is a debt relief agency. My firm helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.